Thursday, June 27, 7:00 PM: Lakeside Lab archaeological field schools have investigated the archaeology of the Gillett Grove site (13CY2) since 1995 and have uncovered remarkable evidence that helps us understand the lifeways of the Oneota people who lived there in the last decades before direct contact with Europeans began on a regular basis. The Oneota—direct ancestors of today’s Ioway, Oto, and related tribes—were farmers and hunters who made the Little Sioux River valley and the Iowa Great Lakes area part of their home range in the latter 1500s and throughout the 1600s. Join John Doershuk, State Archaeologist of Iowa, in the Spencer Public Library Round room where he will discuss the history of research at 13CY2 along with the finds made by the Lakeside Lab archaeology students.
June 27, 2013
Previous Posts [Archive]
- ► 2017 (287)
- ► 2016 (342)
- ► 2015 (336)
- ► 2014 (400)
- Tween Book Club
- Baby Storytime this afternoon, Friday, June 28th @...
- Anime & Japanese Culture Club
- Archaeology of Gillett Grove: Site (13CY2), Clay C...
- Hobbit Food Party! [Tween and Teen SRP]
- Sharks! Storytime
- Baby Storytime tonight, Monday, June 24th @ 6:30 p...
- Important News About Wilbor
- Seed Paper and Clay Pots! [Tween and Teen SRP]
- Sanford Museum Archaeology Program (Children's SRP...
- Sand! Storytime
- Saturday Storytime
- Baby Storytime Today, Friday, June 21st at 2:00 pm...
- Anime Movie Marathon
- Spuds In Your Duds!
- Mummy Party!
- Storytime with Sarah Beth This Morning!
- Teen Book Club
- Baby Storytime
- Tween/Teen Program Today!
- Thursday Morning Storytime with Sarah Beth!
- Summer Programs For The Grown Ups, Too!
- Don't Forget To Thank Our Sponsors
- Worm Painting?
- Tuesday Morning Storytime!
- Baby Story Time!
- ▼ June (26)