Kids Korner



Oh, September.  This is one of my favorite months of the year because of the coming of autumn and the fair and the thought of sweater weather.  With the start of the school year, my schedule is filling up with outreach visits to the preschools and many elementary
classrooms to share my love of children’s literature and library-related fun with the students of Spencer.  I look forward to the smell of fair food wafting across the entire town and seeing many young patrons at the fairgrounds.  I will be one of the guest judges for the 4H Clover Kids’ Stuffed Animal Pet Show Event on Tuesday, Sept. 9
th at the fair.  This is a fun
opportunity for young kids to get a taste of the 4H life and showing animals.  For more
information, you may contact Jo Engel at the ISU-Clay County Extension office at 262-2264. 
                Because of the busy-ness of the fair, I will be combining my Saturday children’s events at the library into one afternoon.  On Saturday, September 20th, beginning at 2:00pm
I will be having Lego Club as well as Family Movie Day.  So, while we build our Lego creations, we will be watching “Muppets Most Wanted.”  I have been a huge Muppet fan my whole life and haven’t seen this movie yet, so I’m looking forward to sharing it with the families of Spencer Public Library that day!  As always, Lego Club and Family Movie Day are FREE.  Popcorn, juice, and maybe another little treat will be provided.  Registration is not required.  Join us in the Round Room if you are able. 
©Sarah Beth